When it comes to fitness and/or physique goals, consistency in what you eat and daily caloric intake matters.
I have found that in any meal plan that includes breakfast, lunch and dinner, it is most pleasurable to mix things up for lunch and dinner while eating pretty much the same breakfast everyday.
This is my everyday breakfast and has been since 2017. I really enjoy this combination of foods and have not gotten tired of it.
So every morning my breakfast consists of:
- 1 cup of Egg Whites
- 1/2 an Avocado
- 1/2 cup of Rolled Oats prepped in water with 3 tbsp of Peanut Butter Powder
What varies are the veggies I cook my eggs in and oat toppings. I usually saute raw baby spinach but when I have extra veggies laying around (and the time to chop up) like mushrooms, onions, peppers and tomatoes, I’ll throw those into the mix. I usually have some sort of kimchi or fermented beets & carrots in the fridge, so I’ll add 2 tbsp of that on the side for a little extra probiotics.
I love Raw Unfiltered Honey in my oats but will swap it for Stevia Cinnamon Vanilla if I’m planning on eating something higher in sugar later in the day. I’ll also add some blueberries, bananas or apples when I have some available.
So, how to build your breakfast? To get the most variety of nutritional benefits, it should include:
- 1 protein (Eggs, Egg Whites, Bacon, Sausage, Chicken or Red Meat or a combination)
- 1 complex carbohydrate source like Rolled Oats, Whole Wheat Toast or English Muffin or Cereal.
- 1 source of fibrous veggies like sauteed spinach, zucchini or sweet potato noodles, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, and/or peppers. Feel free to also throw in some berries or grapefruit.
- and to make it a “balanced” meal, add healthy fats like avocado, cooked in coconut oil or butter or full fat Greek yogurt or cottage cheese.
Find your favorite breakfast items so it’s a meal you really look forward to everyday!
5 thoughts on “Let your Breakfast say “Good Morning”!”