It’s a hot cocoa kinda night! I fell in love when I first created this lightly sweetened cup of chocolate heaven.
This recipe calls for organic ingredients and is dairy free. It’s honey sweetened but can be substituted for 1 to drops of liquid glycerin Stevia.
Yields 2 cups
- 2 cups of Almond Milk, vanilla, unsweetened
- 2tbsp of Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1tbsp of Raw Unfiltered Honey (or substitute w/1 to 2 drops of liquid Stevia)
- 1tsp of Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/4tsp of Organic Cinnamon
- 1/4tsp of Pink Himalayan Salt
- 2 Star Anise
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
Place milk & Star Anise into a pot and warm milk over medium heat for about 5 to 7min.
Meanwhile, combine cocoa powder, cinnamon, salt, honey and vanilla extract in a bowl and mix to a thick paste.
When milk is warm and a little bubbly, add the cocoa mixture to the pot and stir until thoroughly mixed.
Turn off the heat and serve with one star anise & one cinnamon stick in each cup.